FULL TIME POSITION, MONTREAL
Claude Cormier et Associés is a design office recognized internationally for its approach to Landscape Architecture and Urban Design that strives to establish links between public art, urban design, and architecture. With a tenacious optimism in the power of design, the firm places a high value on conceptual rigour towards innovating meaningful, site specific, and sustainable solutions that enhance the experience of the public realm.
Join our team of passionate and highly creative designers and come to share your curiosity, ingenuity and your ability to take up challenges. Claude Cormier et Associés works on numerous projects with innovative designs and is actively seeking professionals with a strong interest in design, solving complex technical problems, research and innovation.
Claude Cormier et Associés is currently accepting resumes from qualified, enthusiastic graduates of landscape architecture with a strong technical background that covers grading, planting design, construction documents, cost estimates and an ability to coordinate with other professionals. We are seeking a talented individual who possesses strong design abilities, initiative, communication skills and an interest and aptitude in collaborating as part of a close-knit team. In addition to having strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, and self-motivation, the individual should also be curious, rigorous, and flexible.
Description of tasks:
• Develop and prepare colour plans and presentation drawings;
• Conduct inventories of existing conditions and document site analyses;
• Develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches;
• Make decisions regarding vegetation and materials;
• Assist with delivering complete drawings sets and specifications for execution;
• Assist in the preparation of reports;
• Perform quantity calculations and cost estimates;
• 3 to 5 years professional experience in a recognized office in Landscape Architecture;
• A Master and/or a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture and/or urban design;
• The following software proficiencies are required:
AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Sketch UP and other 3D modeling software;
• Excellent communication in oral and written English and French.
• Technique and/or bachelor in architecture;
• A good knowledge of plants material.
Claude Cormier et Associés provides a team-oriented studio with comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation (as per the guidelines suggest by the Quebec Association of Landscape Architects – AAPQ).
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio with samples of work to demonstrate design and experience. Note that you will have to provide 2 references.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The submittal deadline is: January 24, 2020
We would like to thank all who show interest in this position. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.